In order to serve over 2,500 homebound individuals with grocery deliveries every month, FISH relies on the generous support of the community. FISH graciously accepts gifts of people’s time, talent, and money in support of our mission.
To help, you can:
- Send a financial contribution. We are able to stretch your dollars by acquiring food for a minimal handling fee from the Connecticut Food Bank, as well as accepting food donations on an ongoing basis.
- Donate food items. If you are interested in organizing a food drive to benefit FISH, please reach out to Joe Arnone at email@example.com to learn more and to schedule a drop-off time.
- Think of us at Thanksgiving! Each Thanksgiving, FISH relies upon the contributions of community volunteers to provide clients with a special Thanksgiving delivery. For more information, contact Jim Sonet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donate any of the following food types:
- We are looking for minimally processed, nutritious, self-stable food, and especially love to receive nutrient-dense or whole grain food. Examples of things we accept are:
- Boxes of Cereal (Low Sugar)
- Canned Vegetables (Low Sodium)
- Canned Fruit
- Shelf-Stable Milk (1%, 2% or Reduced Fat)
- Soup (canned or dry) (Please No Ramen)
- Rice (brown preferred, or other dry grains)
- Canned Stew
- Beans (Black, Lentil, Kidney etc.)
- Nuts (Almonds, Pecans, Peanuts, Walnuts etc, unsalted)
- Oatmeal (Rolled Oats, Steel Cut, or Old Fashioned)
- Peanut Butter and Jelly (Reduced Sugar)
- Instant potatoes
- Instant milk
- Fruit snacks
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Pasta (Whole Wheat, Sprouted-Grain, Quinoa, or Gluten Free)
- Spaghetti Sauce
- Coffee (Instant or Ground)