Volunteers are the lifeblood of FISH’s mission. Volunteers pack groceries, make deliveries, and much more….
Call (203) 503-0106 for help. Fish delivers groceries to the needy homebound and those for whom getting…
We can feed a family of four for two weeks for LESS THAN $30.
FISH is all about delivering hope and groceries to our most vulnerable neighbors. The efficiency and collaborative nature of our operation is simply remarkable. For as little as $7.00 a month, FISH can deliver two weeks of groceries to a homebound individual. We are able to leverage every dollar donated to its maximum purchasing power by:
- – Using an extensive network of volunteers to make deliveries
- – Having only one full time staff member, our amazing Sandy Newlan, Grocery Delivery Program Manager
- – Purchasing wisely through the Connecticut Food Bank
- – Organizing food drives on an ongoing basis with faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, and businesses
- – 40% of our food comes from food drives
In August of 2016 FISH provided groceries to 685 individuals in 361 households. That’s over 15,000 meals!
Orange Middle School fills our pantry!
Lynn Edwards and the students of the Orange Middle School took up the cause of hunger and came through beyond anyone’s expectations. They delivered…
Chris Murphy, A Senator who walks the walk!
US Senator Chris Murphy visited FISH on the anniversary of Sandy Hook, and not only toured our facility but helped our Executive Director Jilan…
Kudos to Shell & Bones!
Huge thanks to Shell & Bones for believing in FISH and for their generous support. Shell & Bones is the community partner New Haven…
We all need a little help sometimes….
A thankful shout-out to our friends at the Shell Station at 444 Saw Mill Road in West Haven for their help on Tuesday night….