Volunteers are the lifeblood of FISH’s mission. Volunteers pack groceries, make deliveries, and much more….
Call (203) 503-0106 for help. Fish delivers groceries to the needy homebound and those for whom getting…
We can feed a family of four for two weeks for LESS THAN $30.
FISH is all about delivering hope and groceries to our most vulnerable neighbors. The efficiency and collaborative nature of our operation is simply remarkable. For as little as $7.00 a month, FISH can deliver two weeks of groceries to a homebound individual. We are able to leverage every dollar donated to its maximum purchasing power by:
- – Using an extensive network of volunteers to make deliveries
- – Having only one full time staff member, our amazing Sandy Newlan, Grocery Delivery Program Manager
- – Purchasing wisely through the Connecticut Food Bank
- – Organizing food drives on an ongoing basis with faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, and businesses
- – 40% of our food comes from food drives
In August of 2016 FISH provided groceries to 685 individuals in 361 households. That’s over 15,000 meals!
Thank you Connex!
A BIG thank you to Connex Cares for their support of our mission!
Thanksgiving Volunteer Request!
THANKSGIVING TURKEY DELIVERY Every year FISH delivers over 250 turkeys and all the fixins’ to our clients who request a Thanksgiving meal to cook at…
Eat Out to Stop Hunger!
September is Hunger Action Month. STOP Hunger in New Haven is the major fundraiser for both the Community Soup Kitchen and FISH of Greater…
Trinity Pub Kickoff Event was a great success!
Pictures from our Stop Hunger Action Month kickoff event!