Volunteers are the lifeblood of FISH’s mission. Volunteers pack groceries, make deliveries, and much more….
Call (203) 503-0106 for help. Fish delivers groceries to residents of Greater New Haven who are both homebound…
URGENT CALL FOR VOLUNTEERS
Fight food insecurity and support homebound residents of Greater New Haven by volunteering your time! In these uncertain times, FISH strives to continue serving over 900 homebound individuals with grocery deliveries, but we need your help! We are accepting new volunteers on an ongoing basis to pack and/or deliver groceries to people in need.
If you would like to volunteer and have availability between the hours of 10:30 AM and 2:00 PM, Monday through Friday, please reach out to Jackie Speiller at email@example.com with your name and availability. Thank you!
$300.00 will feed an individual for ONE YEAR
We can feed a family of four for two weeks for UNDER $100.00.
In 2019, FISH volunteers made 5,347 deliveries, providing ingredients for over 200,000 meals!
FISH is proud to collaborate with the community to serve our most vulnerable neighbors. For as little as $25.00 a month, FISH can deliver two weeks of groceries to a homebound individual. We are able to leverage every dollar donated to its maximum purchasing power by:
- Engaging an extensive network of volunteers to make deliveries
- Operating with a staff of only two full time employees
- Purchasing wisely through the Connecticut Food Bank
- Organizing food drives on an ongoing basis with faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, and businesses
- Collaborating with retail stores, including BJ’s and Trader Joe’s, to regularly receive donations of items including frozen meat, bread, and fresh produce
- Receiving 40% of our food from food drives
Thanksgiving Delivery Volunteers Needed! November 21st 9am – 3pm
Be a part of FISH’s Annual T-Day Event. With your help we deliver a Thanksgiving Turkey and all the sides to our clients! Imagine…
Its Official! Pantry to Pantry is now part of FISH!
The Covid-19 virus has changed all of our lives in many ways. One positive change is that FISH of Greater New Haven has now…
FISH’s New GoFundMe Charity
FISH has launched a new GO FUND ME campaign to help…
FISH welcomes Jill Meyerhoff as Executive Director!
Dear Friends of FISH, We are delighted to announce that Jill Meyerhoff, who is currently serving as Interim Executive Director, will be staying on…