Volunteers are the lifeblood of FISH’s mission. Volunteers pack groceries, make deliveries, and much more….
Call (203) 503-0106 for help. Fish delivers groceries to the needy homebound and those for whom getting…
We can feed a family of four for two weeks for LESS THAN $30.
FISH is all about delivering hope and groceries to our most vulnerable neighbors. The efficiency and collaborative nature of our operation is simply remarkable. For as little as $7.00 a month, FISH can deliver two weeks of groceries to a homebound individual. We are able to leverage every dollar donated to its maximum purchasing power by:
- – Using an extensive network of volunteers to make deliveries
- – Having only one full time staff member, our amazing Sandy Newlan, Grocery Delivery Program Manager
- – Purchasing wisely through the Connecticut Food Bank
- – Organizing food drives on an ongoing basis with faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, and businesses
- – 40% of our food comes from food drives
In August of 2016 FISH provided groceries to 685 individuals in 361 households. That’s over 15,000 meals!
FISH needs Shelving!
Everyone at FISH loves our new location at Marrakesh in West Haven but we need more shelves to store our food so we can…
Huge Thanks to Sal DeCola, The Shubert Theater and Board of Alders
What fabulous community partners we have!! FISH is so grateful for this wonderfully generous donation from the New Haven Board of Alders discretionary fund,…
New Alliance – A Strong Partner of FISH!
Huge thanks to NewAlliance Foundation for their support of our work. NewAlliance has helped make possible our expansion into West Haven, serving seniors, children,…
ELECTRIFIED wows FISH with a Big Donation
Phil Krass, owner of Electrified Discounters Inc of Hamden, Ct., stepped up in a huge way with a check and support for FISH. Phil’s…