Volunteers are the lifeblood of FISH’s mission. Volunteers pack groceries, make deliveries, and much more….
Call (203) 503-0106 for help. Fish delivers groceries to the needy homebound and those for whom getting…
We can feed a family of four for two weeks for LESS THAN $30.
FISH is all about delivering hope and groceries to our most vulnerable neighbors. The efficiency and collaborative nature of our operation is simply remarkable. For as little as $7.00 a month, FISH can deliver two weeks of groceries to a homebound individual. We are able to leverage every dollar donated to its maximum purchasing power by:
- – Using an extensive network of volunteers to make deliveries
- – Having only one full time staff member, our amazing Sandy Newlan, Grocery Delivery Program Manager
- – Purchasing wisely through the Connecticut Food Bank
- – Organizing food drives on an ongoing basis with faith based organizations, schools, civic groups, and businesses
- – 40% of our food comes from food drives
In August of 2016 FISH provided groceries to 685 individuals in 361 households. That’s over 15,000 meals!
Kudos to Shell & Bones!
Huge thanks to Shell & Bones for believing in FISH and for their generous support. Shell & Bones is the community partner New Haven…
We all need a little help sometimes….
A thankful shout-out to our friends at the Shell Station at 444 Saw Mill Road in West Haven for their help on Tuesday night….
SHELL AND BONES DONATES TO FISH TODAY 10% OF ALL PROCEEDS!
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 14TH… Enjoy waterfront dining at its finest and support FISH!!! Shell & Bones Oyster Bar & Grill is donating 10% of the proceeds…
VOLUNTEER TO DELIVER TURKEYS!
Volunteers needed for the big TURKEY DROP! Join FISH in delivering hope and TURKEY on Nov 17, 2018 YOUR COMMITMENT: 1 – 3 hours Pick…